Medical Professional Recruitment Services
- Curriculum Vitae with names and phone numbers of three referees who are prepared to vouch for your medical competency. Of course, written references are welcome!
- Copy of your current receipt from the National Medical Registration Board (AHPRA).
- Copy of your current receipt for Medical Defence Indemnity insurance indicating appropriate level of cover for the work undertaken.
- Dates of your availability and places you are prepared to go. Is there anywhere you prefer, where you have family or friends you would like to visit and could possible stay with.
- Copy of the Hospital Multi-Skill self-evaluation form if you intend to do rural work which may require V.M.O. Do you want to up skill? What are your limitations? It is important not to undertake work which may be beyond your experience and skills. We can discuss this when you register with us. Please proceed to our Links page for advice and further training.
Working With Children Check
Under the new regulations it is now your responsibility to undertake a Working With Children Check by applying through the office of the Children’s Guardian (NSW Government) website, do this by:
- Logging onto the site
- Go to Working with Children
- Apply for a check
- Fill in form
- Print & take it to any RTA (Road and Maritime Services) office with your I.D.
- You will need to pay a fee of $80 for a 5 year clearance.
- When the check is complete and you receive your clearance number, you will be required to provide this to us. We are required to verify the check, on the Children’s Guardian website, and keep a record on your file, for 5 years.
Please note that you will need a provider number for each practice in which you do a locum. If you do not have a provider number for each practice, please download the Additional Provider Application Form from the Medicare Australia website.
Mark the forms “Urgent” at the top and fax them in as soon as you have a confirmation of the Locum position. The current turnaround time for a provider number to be issued is 24 to 48 hours. Nevertheless urgent applications have been processed much quicker. If you experience a problem in this regard, please call us for assistance and advice.
For any further information regarding provider number enquires you can call the Provider Liaison Section on 132 150 or
Note: The provider number application cannot be emailed to Medicare Australia; it must be faxed or sent in by mail.